- 2 cups crushed gingersnaps (about 38 cookies)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 6 tablespoons lime juice
- 9 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 2-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated lime peel
- In a large bowl, combine the gingersnaps, sugar and butter; press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Set aside.
- In a microwave-safe dish, sprinkle gelatin over lime juice. Let stand for 1 minute. Microwave on high for 10-20 seconds; stir until gelatin is dissolved. Set aside.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate with 1/2 cup cream; stir until smooth. Cool slightly; stir in dissolved gelatin.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Gradually add chocolate mixture and lime peel and mix well.
- In another large bowl, beat remaining cream until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into cream cheese mixture. Spoon over the crust. Cover and chill overnight. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for White Chocolate Lime Mousse Cake
Sort By :
Fabulous!!! I made this last night for a bunco party. The women at first thought this was professionally made due to its appearance. Two changes I made: substituted with neufchatel cream cheese, 1/3 less fast, and used 1/2 gingersnaps and 1/2 lemon cookie wafers for crust--due to a comment saying gingersnaps were overpowering--perfect combo. I decorated top of cake with 5 lime slices, 1 long lime curl and 5 gold chocolate coin candies to look similar to the above picture. Most everyone was taking 2-3 slices. Very re-freshing flavor, velvety smooth texture; most definitely will make again!
My daughter made this dessert and it was wonderful. She even used Splenda instead of the sugar which it still turned up great
I love this recipe!! I had discovered it years ago in the award winning book and since then had misplaced it. Thank goodness i was able to find it and now i can share its yummy goodness with the world again!!!
I made this for thanksgiving wanting to try something different. It was awesome. The texture was really smooth and the flavor was great. I thought the gingersnaps were over powering, and next time I will probably use Nilla wafers or something like that. Will definately make again.