White Chocolate Lime Mousse Cake Recipe
- 2 cups crushed gingersnaps (about 38 cookies)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 6 tablespoons lime juice
- 9 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 2-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated lime peel
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the gingersnaps, sugar and butter; press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Set aside.
- 2. In a microwave-safe dish, sprinkle gelatin over lime juice. Let stand for 1 minute. Microwave on high for 10-20 seconds; stir until gelatin is dissolved. Set aside.
- 3. In a microwave, melt chocolate with 1/2 cup cream; stir until smooth. Cool slightly; stir in dissolved gelatin.
- 4. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Gradually add chocolate mixture and lime peel and mix well.
- 5. In another large bowl, beat remaining cream until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into cream cheese mixture. Spoon over the crust. Cover and chill overnight. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 piece: 348 calories, 25g fat (15g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 206mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for White Chocolate Lime Mousse Cake
"Fabulous!!! I made this last night for a bunco party. The women at first thought this was professionally made due to its appearance. Two changes I made: substituted with neufchatel cream cheese, 1/3 less fast, and used 1/2 gingersnaps and 1/2 lemon cookie wafers for crust--due to a comment saying gingersnaps were overpowering--perfect combo. I decorated top of cake with 5 lime slices, 1 long lime curl and 5 gold chocolate coin candies to look similar to the above picture. Most everyone was taking 2-3 slices. Very re-freshing flavor, velvety smooth texture; most definitely will make again!"
"My daughter made this dessert and it was wonderful. She even used Splenda instead of the sugar which it still turned up great"
"I love this recipe!! I had discovered it years ago in the award winning book and since then had misplaced it. Thank goodness i was able to find it and now i can share its yummy goodness with the world again!!!"
"I made this for Thanksgiving wanting to try something different. It was awesome. The texture was really smooth and the flavor was great. I thought the gingersnaps were over powering, and next time I will probably use Nilla wafers or something like that. Will definately make again."