The line at the dessert table convinced me this cake was a winner when I served it at a party. It makes a pretty presentation, baking up nice and high. The zippy lime and gingersnap flavors really come through.
- 2 cups crushed gingersnaps (about 38 cookies)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 6 tablespoons lime juice
- 9 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 2-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated lime peel
- In a large bowl, combine the gingersnaps, sugar and butter; press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Set aside.
- In a microwave-safe dish, sprinkle gelatin over lime juice. Let stand for 1 minute. Microwave on high for 10-20 seconds; stir until gelatin is dissolved. Set aside.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate with 1/2 cup cream; stir until smooth. Cool slightly; stir in dissolved gelatin.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Gradually add chocolate mixture and lime peel and mix well.
- In another large bowl, beat remaining cream until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into cream cheese mixture. Spoon over the crust. Cover and chill overnight. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as White Chocolate Lime Mousse Cake in Country Woman January/February 2002, p31
Reviews for White Chocolate Lime Mousse Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review