White Chocolate Latte Cups Recipe
A smooth, rich caramel fills homemade chocolate cups for a decadent dessert. These are great for entertaining or potlucks.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup (6 ounces) dark chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup coffee liqueur
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 14 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- Chocolate-covered coffee beans
- 1. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Using a narrow pastry brush, brush the inside of eighteen 2-in. foil muffin cup liners with 1/2 teaspoon melted chocolate. Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until firm. Repeat layers twice. Chill until set.
- 2. In a large heavy skillet, cook sugar over medium-low heat until melted and a golden amber color. Gradually stir in cream; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Add liqueur and espresso powder; stir until smooth. Stir in white chocolate until melted. Transfer to a small bowl; cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until slightly thickened.
- 3. Carefully remove and discard foil liners from chocolate cups. Spoon or pipe filling into cups; garnish with coffee beans. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 255 calories, 16g fat (10g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 27mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for White Chocolate Latte Cups
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC