White Chocolate Holiday Cookies
At first glance, these look a bit like traditional chocolate chip cookies. But one bite quickly reveals white chocolate chunks plus spicy dashes of ginger and cinnamon. —Bonnie Baumgardner, Sylva, North Carolina
20 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugars until light
- and fluffy. Beat in egg and extract. Combine dry ingredients;
- gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in white
- chocolate and pecans.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove
- to wire racks to cool. Yield: 20 cookies.