White Chocolate Holiday Cookies Recipe
At first glance, these look a bit like traditional chocolate chip cookies. But one bite quickly reveals white chocolate chunks plus spicy dashes of ginger and cinnamon. Bonnie Baumgardner, Sylva, North Carolina
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extract. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in white chocolate and pecans.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 20 cookies.
Originally published as White Chocolate Holiday Cookies in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p112
Reviews for White Chocolate Holiday Cookies(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 24, 2011
These cookies are simple, quick, and delicious. I sprinkled them with red or green granulated sugar about half way through baking to make them look more festive.
More Recipe Collections
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >