At first glance, these look a bit like traditional chocolate chip cookies. But one bite quickly reveals white chocolate chunks plus spicy dashes of ginger and cinnamon. —Bonnie Baumgardner, Sylva, North Carolina
Recommended: Top 10 Christmas Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extract. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in white chocolate and pecans.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 20 cookies.
Originally published as White Chocolate Holiday Cookies in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p112
Reviews for White Chocolate Holiday Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 24, 2011
"These cookies are simple, quick, and delicious. I sprinkled them with red or green granulated sugar about half way through baking to make them look more festive."