White Chocolate Holiday Cake Recipe
At our house, we always bake a birthday cake for Baby Jesus on Christmas Eve. The delicious tradition helps remind us all of the true meaning of the season that we are celebrating.
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups cake flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 6 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk
- 1. Let eggs stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. In a large bowl, cream butter and 1-1/2 cups of sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition; set aside. Gradually stir buttermilk into white chocolate; add vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with chocolate mixture, beating well after each addition. In a small bowl and with clean beaters, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add remaining sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Gradually beat in remaining sugar, a tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff peaks form. Fold into batter. Fold in pecans and coconut.
- 2. Pour into three greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. For frosting, beat butter, sugar, vanilla and 3 tablespoons milk at low speed in a large bowl until moistened. Beat on medium for 1-1/2 minutes, adding additional milk to achieve spreading consistency. Spread between layers and over the top and sides of cake. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 slice: 773 calories, 41g fat (23g saturated fat), 133mg cholesterol, 489mg sodium, 98g carbohydrate (76g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for White Chocolate Holiday Cake
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC