White Chocolate Fruit Tart Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) white baking chips, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1. In a small bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour and mix well.
- 2. Press into an ungreased 11-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom or 12-in. pizza pan with sides. Bake at 300° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. For filling, in a small bowl, beat melted chips and cream. Add cream cheese; beat until smooth. Spread over crust. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 4. Drain pineapple, reserving 1/2 cup juice. Arrange the pineapple, strawberries, oranges and kiwi over filling.
- 5. For glaze, in a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in lemon juice and reserved pineapple juice until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool.
- 6. Brush glaze over fruit. Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 16 servings.
1 piece equals 342 calories, 21 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 147 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for White Chocolate Fruit Tart
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.