White Chocolate Easter Eggs Recipe
From Niceville, Florida, Diane Hixon writes, "My kids loved these homemade candies when they were growing up. The eggs are pretty and taste so sweet!"
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups finely chopped pecans
- 1 pound white candy coating, melted
- Gel food coloring, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the confectioners' sugar, milk and vanilla until smooth. Stir in pecans. Transfer to a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle. Drop by level tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Form into egg shapes. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Dip eggs into candy coating. Place on waxed paper until set. If a speckled look is desired, dip a small crumpled ball of waxed paper into food coloring. First gently press waxed paper onto a paper plate to remove excess food coloring, then gently press color onto eggs. Repeat if needed. Blot eggs with a paper towel. Yield: about 4 dozen.
1 each: 144 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 25mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (16g sugars, trace fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for White Chocolate Easter Eggs
Reviewed May. 5, 2008
"This is an amazing dish!!! I love the sweetness."
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC