White Chocolate Easter Eggs
From Niceville, Florida, Diane Hixon writes, "My kids loved these homemade candies when they were growing up. The eggs are pretty and taste so sweet!"
48 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups finely chopped pecans
- 1 pound white candy coating, melted
- Gel food coloring, optional
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the confectioners' sugar,
- milk and vanilla until smooth. Stir in pecans. Transfer to a bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle. Drop by
- level tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Form
- into egg shapes. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Dip eggs into candy coating. Place on waxed paper until set. If a
- speckled look is desired, dip a small crumpled ball of waxed paper
- into food coloring. First gently press waxed paper onto a paper
- plate to remove excess food coloring, then gently press color onto
- eggs. Repeat if needed. Blot eggs with a paper towel. Yield: about
- 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 144 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 25 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.