White Chocolate Easter Eggs Recipe
From Niceville, Florida, Diane Hixon writes, "My kids loved these homemade candies when they were growing up. The eggs are pretty and taste so sweet!"
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups finely chopped pecans
- 1 pound white candy coating, melted
- Gel food coloring, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the confectioners' sugar, milk and vanilla until smooth. Stir in pecans. Transfer to a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle. Drop by level tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Form into egg shapes. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Dip eggs into candy coating. Place on waxed paper until set. If a speckled look is desired, dip a small crumpled ball of waxed paper into food coloring. First gently press waxed paper onto a paper plate to remove excess food coloring, then gently press color onto eggs. Repeat if needed. Blot eggs with a paper towel. Yield: about 4 dozen.
1 each: 144 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 25mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 0g fiber), 1g protein .
Reviews for White Chocolate Easter Eggs
Reviewed May. 5, 2008
"This is an amazing dish!!! I love the sweetness."
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC