White Chocolate Easter Basket
This chocolate clay basket from our Test Kitchen makes a great centerpiece when filled with Easter candy.
1 ServingsPrep: 1-1/2 hours + standing
- CHOCOLATE CLAY:
- 20 ounces white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 10 ounces white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 13 pretzel sticks (3 inches)
- Round plastic cover (about 4-1/2 inches in diameter)
- Thin wire headband or 1 piece 1/8-inch-thick wire (about 15 inches long)
- Thin ribbon, optional
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt 20-oz. candy coating; stir until
- smooth. Stir in corn syrup just until blended. Spread onto a sheet
- of waxed paper to 3/8-in. thickness (about a 16-in. x 8-in.
- rectangle). Let stand, uncovered, at room temperature for 2 hours or
- until dry to the touch. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap; let stand
- overnight. Use immediately or store for up to 2 weeks.
- Melt 10-oz. candy coating; stir until smooth. Completely coat pretzel
- sticks; place on a wire rack. Chill for 10 minutes. Set remaining
- melted coating aside.
- Be certain plastic cover is clean and dry. Place two dampened paper
- towels in the bottom of a 1-1/2-qt. bowl. Position cover on the
- towels (to hold it in place). Place ends of the candy-coated