White Chocolate Cream Pie Recipe
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 3 cups milk
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 4 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- Holly Garnish:
- 4 ounces white baking chocolate, divided
- Red and green paste food coloring
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; gradually whisk in milk until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks; return all to saucepan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- 2. Remove from the heat; stir in white chocolate and vanilla. Let stand until chocolate is melted, stirring occasionally. Pour into pastry shell. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- 3. For holly leaf garnish, melt 1/2 oz. white chocolate; tint with red food coloring. Place in a pastry or plastic bag. Pipe 24 small berries on waxed paper; let stand until hardened. Melt remaining white chocolate; tint with green food coloring. Spread into a rectangle on waxed paper; let stand at room temperature until harden. Using a 1-1/2-in. holly leaf cookie cutter, cut 18 leaf shapes.
- 4. Just before serving, beat cream and confectioners' sugar until soft peaks form; spread over pie. Garnish with holly leaves and berries. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 541 calories, 36g fat (21g saturated fat), 180mg cholesterol, 178mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (30g sugars, trace fiber), 7g protein
Reviews for White Chocolate Cream Pie
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.