- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 3 cups milk
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 4 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- Holly Garnish:
- 4 ounces white baking chocolate, divided
- Red and green paste food coloring
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; gradually whisk in milk until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks; return all to saucepan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in white chocolate and vanilla. Let stand until chocolate is melted, stirring occasionally. Pour into pastry shell. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- For holly leaf garnish, melt 1/2 oz. white chocolate; tint with red food coloring. Place in a pastry or plastic bag. Pipe 24 small berries on waxed paper; let stand until hardened. Melt remaining white chocolate; tint with green food coloring. Spread into a rectangle on waxed paper; let stand at room temperature until harden. Using a 1-1/2-in. holly leaf cookie cutter, cut 18 leaf shapes.
- Just before serving, beat cream and confectioners' sugar until soft peaks form; spread over pie. Garnish with holly leaves and berries. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as White Chocolate Cream Pie in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2000, p40
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for White Chocolate Cream Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review