White Chocolate-Cranberry-Pecan Tart
The first time I tasted my friend's dessert was at a Christmas party that she was having. I got a copy of the recipe and now it's a yuletide tradition for my family. The white chips, cranberries and orange peel take pecan pie to a scrumptious new level.Karen Moore, Jacksonville, Florida
16 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Whipped cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Roll out pastry to fit an 11-in. tart pan
- with removable bottom; trim edges. Sprinkle with the cranberries,
- pecans and chips. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, brown sugar, corn
- syrup, flour and orange peel; pour over chips.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Serve with whipped cream if desired.
- Yield: 16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice (calculated without whipped cream) equals 266 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 86 mg sodium,