White Chocolate Cranberry Granola Bars Recipe
I created these chewy granola bars while searching for a healthy snack for my family. Now, wherever we go, folks request these bars--and the recipe. -Janis Loomis of Madison, Virginia
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat peanut butter
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1-1/2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1/3 cup white baking chips
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and allspice; stir into sugar mixture. Stir in the oats, cereal, chips, cranberries and walnuts.
- 2. Press into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 bar equals 109 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 57 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC