- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat peanut butter
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1-1/2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1/3 cup white baking chips
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and allspice; stir into sugar mixture. Stir in the oats, cereal, chips, cranberries and walnuts.
- Press into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for White Chocolate Cranberry Granola Bars
Sort By :
"I make these as double batches and freeze them. I have a son who is severely allergic to peanuts-and granola bars are VERY difficult to find peanut free! I substitute almond, soy or sun butters for the peanut butter and use whole eggs instead of whites. They turn out great, and freeze wonderfully. I almost feel like I under-bake them, but they harden up as they cool. if you over bake them, they will be crumbly."
"Everyone likes these for a quick breakfast on the go. I used a brown rice flour instead of wheat and pecans instead of walnuts due to allergies. I think next time I make them I will use some applesauce as well for moistness, but overall they have a wonderful flavor."
"These turned out really good. I changed a few things (as usual my husband would say). I used whole wheat pastry flour, brown puffed rice, cinnamon chips instead of white chocolate,and substituted the cranberries for dried cherries. I also didn't want to open an entire can of evaporated milk so I used fat free half and half instead. I also added a 1/2 cup of unsweetened applesauce to the recipe since so many reviewers stated it was too dry. Will make again!"
"I have made this recipe twice and everybody loved it. The granola bars disappeared very quickly. The second time I added some regular chocolate chips and it was just as good."
"These bars are great tasting, will make them again. Batter a little dry for mixing so I added a little milk, turned out great and very moist."