White Chocolate Cranberry Bread Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vanilla or white chips, melted and cooled
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1. In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lemon peel and vanilla. Stir in melted chips. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture, alternately with buttermilk and orange juice, beating well after each addition. Fold in cranberries.
- 2. Pour into a greased and floured 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
1 slice: 238 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 119mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for White Chocolate Cranberry Bread
"i read the previous review that mentioned the overbrowning problem, therefore watched very carefully to try and avoid it happening - but still by the time the center tested done the rest of the loaf was hard as a brick. The flavor inside was nice, but i will probably stick with some other quick bread recipes i have that are foolproof."