White Chocolate Cranberry Bread Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vanilla or white chips, melted and cooled
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lemon peel and vanilla. Stir in melted chips. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture, alternately with buttermilk and orange juice, beating well after each addition. Fold in cranberries.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Reviews for White Chocolate Cranberry Bread(2)
Sort By :
i read the previous review that mentioned the overbrowning problem, therefore watched very carefully to try and avoid it happening - but still by the time the center tested done the rest of the loaf was hard as a brick. The flavor inside was nice, but i will probably stick with some other quick bread recipes i have that are foolproof.
I have made this recipe several times. Absolutely delish! Very quick to mix up. I need to adjust my baking because the outside got a little dry and browned. Maybe make two smaller loafs.