- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup vanilla or white chips
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in cranberries and vanilla chips. Divide dough into three portions.
- On ungreased baking sheets, shape each portion into a 10-in. x 2-in. rectangle. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a serrated knife into 1-in. slices. Place cut side down on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for White Chocolate-Cranberry Biscotti
"I just finished making these but made them glutenfree. I used 3 cups GF flour (instead of regular flour) that contained xanthan gum already in it. I baked them the first time for 25 minutes and then let them cool for 10 minutes. Cut them in slices and then baked them for another 40 minutes turning them over half way through. Turned out perfectly."
"This was a good recipe, and you can never go wrong with cranberry and white chocolate chips. My only complaint is that they really didn't get as crispy as a traditional biscotti. The stayed relatively tender. But if you don't like the typical biscotti hardness that makes them so good when softened with coffee, these will be good."
"I have made these cookies for the past two holiday seasons. I love the combination of cranberry and white chocolate. I like to put them in cookie tins to give away as gifts. Everyone love them!"
"Question... has anyone tried the recipe with egg whites to sugar substitutes?"
"I make these every Christmas and a few times throughout the year. Excellent flavor. I also drizzle them with a vanilla-flavored Confectioners sugar glaze. Excellent!"
"Made these at Christmas...very good! I added 1 teaspoon almond flavoring and changed the amount of...cranberries to 1/2 cup, vanilla chips to 1/2 cup, and added 1/2 cup macadamia nuts. Yum!"
"These were delicious and I'm anxious to try different flavor combinations! I was able to put all 3 portions on a large 18" cookie sheet pan and bake them all at once."
"Loved this, never made Biscotti, It kinda scared me...it always looked like it would be hard to make(not so). I've made it three times now, twice as Gifts, and the last time for me. MOST wonderful. It takes a little time, but well worth the trouble. Great-Great- Great!! Thanks!!!"
"This was my first attempt at making biscotti. I was surprised how easy it was!Dough was sticky but I found a few minutes in the fridge took care of that. Took samples in to work and it was a hit!"
"This recipe will be added to my Christmas cookies each year!"