- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup white baking chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour and baking soda; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in cranberries, baking chips and pecans.
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes or until light brown. Remove from pans to to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for White Chocolate Cran-Pecan Cookies
Sort By :
"These were so delicious! Having had experience with dark & flat cookies in the beginning of my cookie chronicles, I always add baking powder to give them more "rise". So I added 1 teaspoon of baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon of cocoa powder (as suggested by another reader) to cut the richness of the cookie.They came out perfect - not too sweet and with great consistency. The combination of sweet, salty, and crunchy was also a plus. I ended up with exactly 2.5 dozen using my cookie scooper, which is why I may end up making another batch before the end of the week!"
"This was GREAT. I found a tip to add 1/2 teasp. baking power (for fluffier/softer cookies) and about 1 teaspoon of cocoa (to cut down on the Richness of the White Chocolate chips & vanilla) and it tasted amazing!! My husband and I LOVED them!"
"Nice cookies. I used total ½ cup sugar and made into 20 big cookies. It turned out sweet enough for our tastes. My son likes them. Definitely I'll make them again. Thanks for sharing"
"These cookies do not look anything like the picture. They turned out very brown, I think because of the brown sugar and very flat. Made according to directions. The taste is good, but a little too sweet."
"I made them with walnuts because I didn't have pecans in the house and they were delicious."