White Chocolate Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 10 ounces white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts, lightly toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate and nuts. Cover and chill dough for 1 hour.
- 2. Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls about 3 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Let stand a few minutes before removing cookies to a wire rack to cool. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen cookies.
1 serving (2 each) equals 376 calories, 23 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 264 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for White Chocolate Cookies
"Although the taste of these cookies was good, they were not pretty. Even after refrigerating overnight they still spread out too far and burnt around the edges. I used parchment paper, they came off nicely, just wasn't what I was looking for."
"I have never baked or cooked a recipe from Taste of Home that I did not like.......but this one takes the cake for horrible!!!!! The cookies are flatter than a pancake!!!!!! I did everything as said, and still horrible!!!!"
"Awful! The cookies spread all over the pan and wouldn't bake normally - they were burnt on the outside and raw in the centres. I'll never make these again."
"These cookies were good. I baked them for about 10 minutes. I think I will keep looking for a better recipe."
"my family really liked these cookes. easy to make & tastes yummy"