White Chocolate Cookies
Fixing desserts is my favorite kind of cooking. I usually make these cookies for Christmastheir pale-white adds a special touch to all the reds and greens.
Wemy husband, our daughter (6) and Ilive on a real dirt road! I'm a full-time wife and mother. Our second child's due to join us in mid-January.
15 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 10 ounces white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts, lightly toasted
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugars until light
- and fluffy. Beat in egg. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, soda
- and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in
- chocolate and nuts. Cover and chill dough for 1 hour.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls about 3 in. apart on ungreased baking
- sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Let stand a few minutes before removing cookies to a wire rack to
- cool. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen cookies.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 376 calories, 23 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 264 mg sodium,