White Chocolate Cones
Hand out these dipped delights, and they'll disappear lickety-split! Crafting Traditions' kitchen staff made the ice cream extra-special by topping it with melted white chocolate. What's more, they sprinkled on chocolate shavings.
6 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + freezing
- 4-1/2 cups ice cream
- 6 sugar cones
- 1-1/4 pounds white chocolate
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Spoon a small amount of ice cream into each cone; press gently. Place
- a large scoop on cone; press gently. Place each cone in a glass;
- freeze for 2 hours.
- Cut 3/4 pound of white chocolate into chunks; set the remaining
- chocolate aside. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the chocolate
- chunks and oil. Microwave at 50% power for 2 minutes, stirring every
- minute or until melted and smooth. Let stand until mixture reaches
- room temperature, about 45 minutes.
- Using a vegetable peeler, shave the remaining chocolate. Dip ice
- cream into melted chocolate mixture; immediately sprinkle with
- shaved chocolate. Return cones to glasses; freeze until chocolate is
- set. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 853 calories, 54 g fat (28 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 211 mg sodium, 85 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 11 g protein.