- with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a small bowl, melt chocolate; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar and salt until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in
- extract. Sift flour and baking powder; add to the creamed mixture
- alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- Pat peaches dry with paper towels. Fold peaches, chocolate and
- macadamia nuts into batter. Divide among prepared pans.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes before removing from
- pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a microwave, melt chocolate with cream; cool to room
- temperature. In a large bowl, beat butter and extract until fluffy;
- add cooled chocolate mixture. Gradually beat in confectioners'
- Spread between layers and over top and sides of cake. Sprinkle with
- coconut and macadamia nuts. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 937 calories, 52 g fat (29 g saturated fat), 156 mg cholesterol, 529 mg sodium, 113 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.