White Chocolate Coconut Fudge
A small bite of this rich candy is all you need to satisfy a sweet tooth. My family prefers it to chocolate fudge.Linda Wilkens, Maple Grove, Minnesota
81 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 35 min. + standing
- 1-1/2 teaspoons plus 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 8 ounces white baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line a 9-in. square pan with foil and grease the foil with 1-1/2
- teaspoons butter; set aside. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the
- sugar, milk and remaining butter. Bring to a boil over medium-low
- heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 30-40 minutes or until
- a candy thermometer reads 234° (soft-ball stage).
- Remove from the heat; stir in white chocolate and marshmallows until
- melted. Stir in the coconut, nuts and vanilla. Pour into prepared
- pan. Let stand at room temperature until cool.
- Using foil, lift fudge out of pan; cut into 1-in. squares. Store in
- an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 pounds.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 60 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 17 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber,