- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) coconut milk
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 1-1/2 cups white baking chips
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- Semisweet chocolate and white baking chocolate, melted
- Large flaked coconut, toasted
- In a large heavy skillet, combine sugar and water; stir gently to moisten all the sugar. Cook over medium-low heat until sugar is dissolved, gently swirling pan occasionally. Cover and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook for 1 minute.
- Uncover pan; continue to boil and gently swirl pan until syrup turns a light amber color, about 3 minutes. Immediately remove from the heat and quickly pour into an ungreased shallow 10-in. round baking dish, tilting to coat bottom of pan. Place dish in a large baking pan; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, heat the coconut milk, cream and cinnamon until bubbles form around sides of saucepan. Stir in baking chips until melted. Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs and egg yolks, one at a time, until blended. Stir 1 cup warm milk mixture into egg mixture; return all to pan, stirring constantly. Add extracts. Slowly pour into prepared dish. Add 3/4 in. of boiling water to larger pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 45-55 minutes or until center is just set (mixture will jiggle). Remove baking pan from water bath; cool for 1 hour. Chill overnight.
- To serve flan, carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; invert onto a rimmed serving dish. Garnish with melted chocolate; sprinkle with coconut. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as White Chocolate Coconut Flan in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2013, p155
Reviews for White Chocolate Coconut Flan
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review