White Chocolate Coconut Cake Recipe
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (15 ounces) cream of coconut, divided
- 3 egg whites
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 2/3 cup vanilla or white chips
- 2 ounces PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 3-1/2 cups flaked coconut, divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1/4 cup sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, 3/4 cup cream of coconut and egg whites; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Pour into three greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° for 22-26 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For filling, in a small saucepan, combine the evaporated milk, chips, cream cheese, 3 tablespoons heavy cream and remaining cream of coconut; cook and stir over low heat until chips are melted.
- Remove from the heat; stir in 1-1/2 cups coconut and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Transfer to a large bowl; cover and refrigerate until mixture reaches spreading consistency, stirring occasionally.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat remaining cream until it begins to thicken. Add sugar and remaining vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form.
- Place bottom cake layer on a serving plate; spread with half of the filling. Repeat layers. Top with remaining cake layer. Frost top and sides of cake; sprinkle with remaining coconut. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for White Chocolate Coconut Cake(28)
Sort By :
Taste is great and well worth making again, but will make as a poke cake in a 9x13 pan.
There is a restaurant in town that makes a coconut cake, I brought this cake to work, and was told that this cake tastes better than the restaurants one.
Very good and easy to make, yummy
This cake was loved by all. The filling did thicken somewhat after many hours in the frig. Need to use cream not milk.
This cake is very very sweet. 1 small slice would be enough. So have lots of people around so they can help you eat this cake. Recipe makes a very large cake. As in the other blogs the filling didn't get thick. So I added a pkg of inst vanilla pudding to the filling and it worked great.
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Birthday Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chocolate Cake >
- Chocolate Cake Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Coconut Cake >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >