- Remove from the heat; stir in 1-1/2 cups coconut and 1 teaspoon
- vanilla. Transfer to a large bowl; cover and refrigerate until
- mixture reaches spreading consistency, stirring occasionally.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat remaining cream until it begins
- to thicken. Add sugar and remaining vanilla; beat until stiff peaks
- Place bottom cake layer on a serving plate; spread with half of the
- filling. Repeat layers. Top with remaining cake layer. Frost top and
- sides of cake; sprinkle with remaining coconut. Refrigerate
- leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 625 calories, 32 g fat (23 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 436 mg sodium, 80 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.