White Chocolate Coconut Cake Recipe
This eye-catching cake is my own creation. The white "snowball" look makes it the perfect choice for a holiday celebration. —Greta Kirby, Carthage, Tennessee
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (15 ounces) cream of coconut, divided
- 3 egg whites
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 2/3 cup vanilla or white chips
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 3-1/2 cups flaked coconut, divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, 3/4 cup cream of coconut and egg whites; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- 2. Pour into three greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° for 22-26 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. For filling, in a small saucepan, combine the evaporated milk, chips, cream cheese, 3 tablespoons heavy cream and remaining cream of coconut; cook and stir over low heat until chips are melted.
- 4. Remove from the heat; stir in 1-1/2 cups coconut and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Transfer to a large bowl; cover and refrigerate until mixture reaches spreading consistency, stirring occasionally.
- 5. For frosting, in a large bowl, beat remaining cream until it begins to thicken. Add sugar and remaining vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form.
- 6. Place bottom cake layer on a serving plate; spread with half of the filling. Repeat layers. Top with remaining cake layer. Frost top and sides of cake; sprinkle with remaining coconut. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice equals 625 calories, 32 g fat (23 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 436 mg sodium, 80 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC