- the buttermilk, eggs and extracts.
- In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup flour and pecans. In a large bowl,
- combine the sugar, baking soda and remaining flour. Gradually beat
- in butter mixture. Stir in pecan mixture.
- Pour into three greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at
- 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a microwave, melt white chocolate; stir until
- smooth. Cool for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter. Gradually beat in
- melted chocolate and extracts. Gradually beat in confectioners'
- sugar until smooth.
- To assemble, spread 2 tablespoons of jam over one cake layer; spread
- with 1/2 cup frosting. Repeat layers twice. Spread remaining
- frosting over top and sides of torte. Warm remaining jam; drizzle
- over dessert plates. Top with a slice of torte. Yield: 12-15
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 857 calories, 40 g fat (22 g saturated fat), 147 mg cholesterol, 482 mg sodium, 119 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.