White Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe
These chocolaty muffins are moist, tender and filled with white chocolate chips. Warm from the oven, they look and smell so good, people just can’t resist trying one!—Lori Osmachenko, Elkford, British Columbia
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/3 cups buttermilk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups white baking chips
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, buttermilk, butter and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in baking chips.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 14-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 muffin equals 236 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 274 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC