White Chocolate Chip Hazelnut Cookies Recipe
This is a cookie you will want to make again and again. I like to take it to church get-togethers and family reunions. It's very delicious...crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside. -Denise DeJong, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch YIELD:18 servings
- 1-1/4 cups whole hazelnuts, toasted, divided
- 9 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 1. Coarsely chop 1/2 cup hazelnuts; set aside. Melt 2 tablespoons butter. In a food processor, combine melted butter and remaining hazelnuts. Cover and process until the mixture forms a crumbly paste; set aside.
- 2. In a bowl, cream the remaining butter. Beat in the sugars. Add egg and vanilla; beat until light and fluffy. Beat in ground hazelnut mixture until blended. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to batter and mix just until combined. Stir in chips and chopped hazelnuts.
- 3. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 3 dozen.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC