White Chocolate Chip Hazelnut Cookies Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups whole hazelnuts, toasted, divided
- 9 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white baking chips
- Coarsely chop 1/2 cup hazelnuts; set aside. Melt 2 tablespoons butter. In a food processor, combine melted butter and remaining hazelnuts. Cover and process until the mixture forms a crumbly paste; set aside.
- In a bowl, cream the remaining butter. Beat in the sugars. Add egg and vanilla; beat until light and fluffy. Beat in ground hazelnut mixture until blended. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to batter and mix just until combined. Stir in chips and chopped hazelnuts.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as White Chocolate Chip Hazelnut Cookies in Reminisce May/June 2002, p49
Reviews for White Chocolate Chip Hazelnut Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 17, 2012
great taste. easy to make..the whole family loves them...will definately make again. I didn't make any changes in the recipe.
Reviewed Sep. 24, 2012