White Chocolate Cherry Parfaits Recipe
Layers of silky white chocolate mousse and sweet cherry sauce with a hint of orange alternate in this delectable dessert. I use a pastry bag to pipe the mousse into pretty dishes handed down from my husband's grandmother. -Rita Sherman, Coleville, California
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 cups fresh or frozen pitted tart cherries
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- WHITE CHOCOLATE MOUSSE:
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 4 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; stir in water until smooth. Add cherries. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in extract. Refrigerate until chilled.
- 2. In another saucepan, combine the sugar and cornstarch; stir in milk until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Whisk a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks; return all to the pan, whisking constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- 3. Remove from the heat. Stir in chocolate and vanilla until chocolate is melted. Cool to room temperature. Fold in whipped cream
- 4. Spoon 1/4 cup mousse into each parfait glass. Top with a rounded 1/4 cup of cherry mixture. Repeat layers. Refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 393 calories, 26 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 156 mg cholesterol, 42 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for White Chocolate Cherry Parfaits
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC