- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 cups fresh or frozen pitted tart cherries
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- WHITE CHOCOLATE MOUSSE:
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 4 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; stir in water until smooth. Add cherries. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in extract. Refrigerate until chilled.
- In another saucepan, combine the sugar and cornstarch; stir in milk until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Whisk a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks; return all to the pan, whisking constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in chocolate and vanilla until chocolate is melted. Cool to room temperature. Fold in whipped cream
- Spoon 1/4 cup mousse into each parfait glass. Top with a rounded 1/4 cup of cherry mixture. Repeat layers. Refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as White Chocolate Cherry Parfaits in Taste of Home April/May 2003, p27
Reviews for White Chocolate Cherry Parfaits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 19, 2010
"The orange flavoring doesn't do this recipe any good. if anything it covers up th cherry flavor and the chocolate flavor. Good idea though."