White Chocolate Cherry Parfaits Recipe
Layers of silky white chocolate mousse and sweet cherry sauce with a hint of orange alternate in this delectable dessert. I use a pastry bag to pipe the mousse into pretty dishes handed down from my husband's grandmother. -Rita Sherman, Coleville, California
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 cups fresh or frozen pitted tart cherries
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- WHITE CHOCOLATE MOUSSE:
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 4 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; stir in water until smooth. Add cherries. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in extract. Refrigerate until chilled.
- In another saucepan, combine the sugar and cornstarch; stir in milk until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Whisk a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks; return all to the pan, whisking constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in chocolate and vanilla until chocolate is melted. Cool to room temperature. Fold in whipped cream
- Spoon 1/4 cup mousse into each parfait glass. Top with a rounded 1/4 cup of cherry mixture. Repeat layers. Refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as White Chocolate Cherry Parfaits in Taste of Home April/May 2003, p27
Reviews for White Chocolate Cherry Parfaits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 19, 2010
The orange flavoring doesn't do this recipe any good. if anything it covers up th cherry flavor and the chocolate flavor. Good idea though.