- 2 envelopes mocha cappuccino mix
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces white candy coating, melted
- Baking cocoa, optional
- In a small bowl, dissolve cappuccino mix in hot water. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in cappuccino mixture and egg yolk. In another bowl, whisk flour, cinnamon and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Divide dough in half. Shape each into a disk; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm enough to roll.
- Preheat oven to 375°. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion of dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. cup-shaped cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Pipe melted candy coating over cookies as desired, or dip each cookie halfway into melted candy coating; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. If desired, dust with cocoa.
- Freeze option: Transfer wrapped disks to a resealable plastic freezer bag; freeze. To use, thaw dough in refrigerator until soft enough to roll. Prepare, bake and decorate as directed. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Reviews for White Chocolate-Cappuccino Cookies
"Re: This recipe--I've been getting calls asking where I got the cookie cutter from people around IN (at my father-in-law's house, as we don't have a landline & he's the only name listed from my hometown). Also, you can sprinkle cinnamon on the cookies with the cocoa. My girls got a lot of my cutters to use with their children and so a lot of times, I make templates instead of buying cutters.http://www.cookiecrazie.com/2011/01/cookie-cutters-and-templates.html"