- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 3 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/3 cup finely crushed candy canes, divided
- 1/3 cup crushed shortbread cookies
- Additional crushed candy canes
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Gradually add 1 cup heavy whipping cream and milk. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; cook and stir with a wire whisk 2-3 minutes longer or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat. Whisk a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in white chocolate until melted. Stir in vanilla. Transfer to a large bowl. Cool to room temperature without stirring. Press waxed paper onto surface of pudding; refrigerate until chilled.
- In a small bowl, beat remaining cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and peppermint extract; beat until soft peaks form. Fold in 2 tablespoons crushed candies.
- In each of eight dessert dishes, layer 1/4 cup pudding and 2 teaspoons crushed candies and cookie crumbs. Top with whipped cream. Garnish with additional crushed candies. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as White Chocolate-Candy Cane Parfaits in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p68
Reviews for White Chocolate-Candy Cane Parfaits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review