- 8 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups cake flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups whole milk
- 20 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1-3/4 cups unsalted butter, cubed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 cups sliced peeled fresh or frozen peaches, thawed (about 1 pound)
- 1/4 cup peach preserves, warmed
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line bottoms of two greased 9-in. round baking pans with parchment paper; grease paper. In top of a double boiler or a metal bowl over hot water, melt white chocolate; stir until smooth. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Stir in melted chocolate.
- Transfer batter to prepared pans. Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks; remove paper. Cool completely.
- For frosting, in top of a double boiler or a metal bowl over hot water, melt white chocolate; stir until smooth. Remove from heat; let stand to cool slightly but not set, about 15 minutes. In a large bowl, beat butter and vanilla until blended. Gradually beat in melted chocolate. Gradually add confectioners' sugar, beating until smooth. Refrigerate frosting 45 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, bring water and sugar to a boil over medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Cool completely.
- Using a long serrated knife, cut each cake horizontally in half. Place one cake layer on a serving plate; brush with some of the syrup. Beat chilled frosting 1-2 minutes or until light and creamy. Spread 1 cup frosting over cake; top with 1 cup peaches. Repeat twice. Top with remaining cake layer. Frost top and sides of cake with remaining frosting.
- Arrange remaining peaches over top of cake; brush with preserves. Gently press walnuts into frosting on sides of cake. Store in refrigerator. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as White Chocolate Cake with Peaches in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2014
Reviews for White Chocolate Cake with Peaches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review