White Chocolate Bread Pudding Recipe
This delectable dessert features vanilla chips, apples and a sweet caramel sauce. It's a favorite with our boys.
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup vanilla or white chips
- 8 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 loaf (1 pound) egg bread, crust removed, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and chopped
- CARAMEL SAUCE:
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the milk, cream and sugar. Cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in chips until melted. In a large bowl, whisk eggs and vanilla. Gradually whisk in cream mixture. Add bread. Let stand for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Stir in apples. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 30 minutes longer or until a knife comes out clean.
- 3. Meanwhile, for sauce, In a large saucepan combine the sugar, water, corn syrup and lemon juice. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; boil, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 295° and mixture turns deep amber.
- 4. Remove from the heat; stir in cream. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture is smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 4 minutes. Stir in nuts and vanilla. Stir before serving. Serve warm with warm bread pudding. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 piece: 583 calories, 34g fat (17g saturated fat), 206mg cholesterol, 235mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Reviews for White Chocolate Bread Pudding
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC