White Chocolate Bread Pudding with Tart Cherry Sauce Recipe
The flavor of this rich, scrumptious bread pudding is reminiscent of eggnog. It served with a bright cherry sauce, which makes it so good!—Shawn Osborne, Vinton, Virginia
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 35 min. Bake: 25 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 2 cups dried cherries
- 2 cups cherry juice blend
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 10 ounces white baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- White baking chocolate curls
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring the cherries, juice and sugar to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Remove cherries with a slotted spoon; set aside. Return liquid to a boil; cook until reduced to about 3/4 cup. Return cherries to pan; cool.
- 2. Place bread cubes in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a large saucepan, combine the cream, white chocolate, milk, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until chocolate is melted.
- 3. Stir a small amount of mixture into eggs; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Pour mixture over bread cubes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm with cherry sauce and chocolate curls. Yield: 12 servings (2 cups sauce).
1 piece with about 2 tablespoons sauce equals 648 calories, 34 g fat (20 g saturated fat), 194 mg cholesterol, 341 mg sodium, 76 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 12 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC