White Chocolate Berry Dessert Recipe
I made this recipe up and after fine-tuning it a bit, I think I have a hit! One of my favorite things about Taste of Home is that truly delicious recipes are featured—not just easy-to-make or quick recipes.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 35 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling YIELD:15 servings
- 8 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 ounces white baking chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 4 ounces white baking chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt white chocolate and butter at 70% power; stir until smooth. Cool.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar until lemon-colored. Beat in melted chocolate mixture and vanilla. Combine flour and salt; beat into egg mixture. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; set aside.
- 3. For filling, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and white chocolate. Beat in the egg, sugar, sour cream and vanilla just until combined. Carefully spread over bottom layer. Cut through filling with a knife to swirl.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 5. Just before serving, fold whipped topping into white chocolate. Fold in strawberries; spread over dessert. Cut into squares. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 15 servings.
1 piece equals 402 calories, 24 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 81 mg cholesterol, 163 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC