White Chocolate Banana Pie Recipe
I developed this recipe based on a popular pie served at an Atlanta restaurant. Everyone looks forward to this dessert at the annual Christmas party we host on our farm. Chocolate curls as a garnish are a nice contrast to the creamy white pie.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. + chilling YIELD:6-8 servings
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- Lemon juice
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 1. In a saucepan, cook and stir the cream and chocolate over low heat until chocolate is melted. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Transfer to a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Beat on high speed until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes (do not overbeat). Dip banana slices in lemon juice. Pour half of the cream mixture into pastry shell. Top with bananas. Cover with remaining cream mixture. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 376 calories, 30 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 127 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC