White Chocolate Banana Pie Recipe
I developed this recipe based on a popular pie served at an Atlanta restaurant. Everyone looks forward to this dessert at the annual Christmas party we host on our farm. Chocolate curls as a garnish are a nice contrast to the creamy white pie.
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- Lemon juice
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- In a saucepan, cook and stir the cream and chocolate over low heat until chocolate is melted. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Transfer to a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Beat on high speed until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes (do not overbeat). Dip banana slices in lemon juice. Pour half of the cream mixture into pastry shell. Top with bananas. Cover with remaining cream mixture. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as White Chocolate Banana Pie in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p138
Reviews for White Chocolate Banana Pie(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 12, 2009
I was disappointed with this pie. It didn't taste chocolatey at all. In fact, it lacked flavor overall. Oh well!
Reviewed Mar. 25, 2009
Would the restraunt be Rafferty's. I am looking for one that is like the one they serve.
More Recipe Collections
- Banana Pie Recipes >
- Chocolate Cream Pie >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Pie Recipes >