White Chocolate-Almond Dipped Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- 8 ounces white candy coating, chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped almonds, toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in extract. Gradually add flour and mix well. Stir in apricots.
- 2. Roll 1 tablespoonful of dough into a 2-1/2-in. log; shape into a crescent. Repeat. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-14 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Dip half of each cookie in coating; allow excess to drip off. Press into almonds; place on waxed paper. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 each: 138 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 39mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for White Chocolate-Almond Dipped Cookies
"Made a batch to take to the office. They are just okay. I like the idea of another reviewer to use walnuts."
"My husband called this one a keeper. I used chopped walnuts with the white almond bark as I didn't have almonds on hand."