White Chocolate-Almond Dipped Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- 8 ounces white candy coating, chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped almonds, toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in extract. Gradually add flour and mix well. Stir in apricots.
- 2. Roll 1 tablespoonful of dough into a 2-1/2-in. log; shape into a crescent. Repeat. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-14 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Dip half of each cookie in coating; allow excess to drip off. Press into almonds; place on waxed paper. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 each: 138 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 39mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for White Chocolate-Almond Dipped Cookies
"Made a batch to take to the office. They are just okay. I like the idea of another reviewer to use walnuts."
"Melt in your mouth yumminess!! I made these for the cookie exchange at work last year. BIG hit even with the fussiest of snackers. They have been added to my annual Christmas cookie lineup!"
"My husband called this one a keeper. I used chopped walnuts with the white almond bark as I didn't have almonds on hand."