White Chip Cranberry Granola Bars Recipe
Tasty and nutritious, these chewy high-energy snack bars are great for road trips, lunch boxes, late-night snacks or to get college kids through exams and into the Christmas spirit! —Janis Loomis, Madison, Virginia
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1-1/2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1/2 cup vanilla or white chips
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the maple syrup, honey, brown sugar, peanut butter, egg white, evaporated milk and vanilla; beat until smooth. Combine the flour, baking soda and cinnamon; stir into maple syrup mixture. Fold in the oats, cereal, vanilla chips, cranberries and walnuts.
- 2. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 bar: 140 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 59mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 0 fat.
Reviews for White Chip Cranberry Granola Bars
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC