White Chip Cranberry Blondies Recipe
Our Test Kitchen created these delicious blondies sure to satisfy any health-conscious cook. Applesauce moistens the batter, while colorful dried cranberries, white chips and heart-healthy pecans flavor each bite.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling YIELD:20 servings
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dried cranberries, divided
- 1/2 cup white baking chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, oil, applesauce and vanilla. Combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt; stir into egg mixture until blended. Stir in 1/2 cup cranberries (batter will be thick).
- 2. Spread into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Top with chips, pecans and remaining cranberries; gently press toppings down.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 20 bars.
1 bar equals 154 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 92 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC