Our Test Kitchen created these delicious blondies sure to satisfy any health-conscious cook. Applesauce moistens the batter, while colorful dried cranberries, white chips and heart-healthy pecans flavor each bite.
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dried cranberries, divided
- 1/2 cup white baking chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, oil, applesauce and vanilla. Combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt; stir into egg mixture until blended. Stir in 1/2 cup cranberries (batter will be thick).
- Spread into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Top with chips, pecans and remaining cranberries; gently press toppings down.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 20 bars.
Originally published as White Chip Cranberry Blondies in Light & Tasty August/September 2007, p51
Reviews for White Chip Cranberry Blondies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review