White Chili with Chicken Recipe
Folks who enjoy a change from traditional tomato-based chilies will enjoy this version from Christy Campos of Richmond, Virginia. The flavorful blend has tender chunks of chicken, white beans and just enough zip.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped, optional
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 to 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook onion and jalapeno if desired in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the broth, beans, parsley, lime juice and cumin; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into chili. Add chicken. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 202 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 833 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 19 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC