White Chili with a Kick Recipe
Store-bought rotisserie chicken makes this spicy chili easy, but you could also cook your own. We like it with sour cream, green onions, cheese or salsa on top. —Emmajean Anderson, Mendota Heights, Minnesota
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min. YIELD:9 servings
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 rotisserie chicken, cut up
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) white corn, drained
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded pepper Jack cheese
- Salsa and chopped green onions, optional
- 1. In a Dutch oven, saute onion in butter. Stir in flour until blended; cook and stir for 3 minutes or until golden brown. Gradually add broth and cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Add the chicken, beans, corn, chilies, cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper and pepper sauce; heat through. Stir in cheese until melted.
- 3. Garnish each serving with salsa and green onions if desired. Yield: 9 servings (2-1/4 quarts).
1 cup (calculated without optional ingredients) equals 424 calories, 21 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 113 mg cholesterol, 896 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 31 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC