This chili for two goes over especially well on a cool night. We're racing fans, and I'm frequently asked to bring this dish to the races. I'm happy to do so, because I enjoy it, too. I just double or triple the recipe. —Carol Swainston, Sheridan, Michigan
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons plus 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, saute the onions, jalapeno and garlic in 1-1/2 teaspoons butter until crisp-tender. Add the sage, cumin and ginger; cook for 1 minute. Add chicken; cook and stir until lightly browned.
- In a small saucepan, melt remaining butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add the broth and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Add beans. Pour over chicken mixture. Cook over medium heat until heated through. Sprinkle cheese on each serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as White Chili in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p162
Reviews for White Chili for 2
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 1, 2011
"I have made this recipe as is time and time again and it is so good everytime."