White Chili for 2 Recipe
This chili for two goes over especially well on a cool night. We're racing fans, and I'm frequently asked to bring this dish to the races. I'm happy to do so, because I enjoy it, too. I just double or triple the recipe. —Carol Swainston, Sheridan, Michigan
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons plus 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, saute the onions, jalapeno and garlic in 1-1/2 teaspoons butter until crisp-tender. Add the sage, cumin and ginger; cook for 1 minute. Add chicken; cook and stir until lightly browned.
- In a small saucepan, melt remaining butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add the broth and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Add beans. Pour over chicken mixture. Cook over medium heat until heated through. Sprinkle cheese on each serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as White Chili in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p162
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for White Chili for 2
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 1, 2011
"I have made this recipe as is time and time again and it is so good everytime."