White Chili Recipe
- 3 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 jar (15 ounces) Alfredo sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 to 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1-1/2 cups frozen gold and white corn
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 small sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons white pepper
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- Salsa verde and chopped fresh cilantro, optional
- In a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 15 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated though, stirring once. Serve with salsa verde and cilantro if desired. Yield: 12 servings (1 cup each).
Reviews for White Chili(76)
Sort By :
I made this on the stove top instead of the slow cooker. It was so good! My DH and I loved it!
I tried this recipe because it had 74 reviews and lots of comments about how to alter it. I liked this very much! Never tried a white chili recipe ever before. My alterations: I stir fried the onions, garlic and red and green pepper (2 instead of 1 pepper). Never added the ceyene pepper, chopped green chills and fresh cilantro. But had these ingredients as toppings so guests could choose to include them if desired. Also had on the table as possible toppings: tortilla chips and red salsa. trippled the corn. doubled the chicken. Doubled the cheese. only 1.5 tsp of cumin. I read how watery the recipe tasted to other reviewers so I doubled alot of ingredients as written here but did not double chicken broth, sour cream, or alfredo sauce. I cooked this all over low simmer on the stove for 2 hours. Wonderful! and nice and thick. I loved all the toppings.
This is wonderful! My 4 year old son loves it and asks for it all the time. To tame down the heat, I just add a bit more sour cream to his bowl. Super easy, very yummy!
Made this at work and even the picky eaters loved it. There were no leftovers. I did add some potato flakes to thicken.
Really good flavor! A little soupy.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Chili Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Chili Recipes >
- Comfort Food Chili Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Soup Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Cream Soups >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Potluck Chili Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Soup Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Chicken Breasts >
- Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Chili >
- Slow Cooker Chili Recipes >